Friday, July 31, 2009

The boys have arrived in Africa!  They had a safe trip on the plane and landed in Kilimanjaro Wednesday afternoon.   So far the trip has been a great success!  They were able to tour the safari in which they saw remarkable animals drinking and living in their natural habitats.  The boys sound great!  Brad has called once a day to check in and give us some quick feedback on the trip.  He has already witnessed a beautiful sunrise from where they were staying and has commented on the true beauty that surrounds them.  The boys will begin their climb on the mountain tomorrow, 1:00 AM our time!  They are anxious and anticipating an unbelievable adventure.  We will keep you posted as we hear from them.  They are uncertain of their cell phone coverage on the mountain but will check in each day if available.  Thanks again for all your prayers, thoughts, and dedication to their climb!

-Dawn Hart (Brad's wife)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad they arrived safely and had a chance to see the safari. Dawn, thank you for keeping the blog updated with the latest in their adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, thank you for the update, I have been checking everyday for something. I got butterflies in my stomach and a little misty eyed when I glanced at my clock at work and realized they have just gotten started! I am so excited for them but nervous! My prayers are definitely with them and with you and your kids! Thanks again,
    Debbie (Idaho)

    ReplyDelete